Topic: Playback Error on WD TV Live HD

Is it even still supported? Since last month, the Flingo CR app on the WD TV gives Playback Error on EVERY video. No help from Flingo. Other channels are working OK. Any clues?

Re: Playback Error on WD TV Live HD

If flingo is working on other channels and not on CR then the issue is most likely on the CR side. You may want to pose this question to CR.

Uhm. If I'm not misunderstanding, the CR app on Flingo is Flingo's. Or so it says in Crunchyroll's mostly-nonexistent tech forum.
They don't seem to have changed anything major in their stuff, so I guess it's something simple like a wrong Base URL.
The problem has begun a few days after the introduction of those annoying Hulu commercials; maybe it's something related?
Hey, I'm just speculating here, I don't have a clue about how this stuff works .-D

EDIT: Come on, THREE security questions? This is becoming ridiculous .-/

Last edited by il Biggo (2015-03-01 17:14:59)

The problem is still there and it's worsening. All channels in the Flingo app now show the same behaviour: most or all videos give 'Video Playback Error'.
I've tried downgrading the firmware, re-upgrading, installing the WDLX firmware, no change.
I want to try a (probably useless) factory reset, but I have 12 pages of favourites and don't want to to lose them.
Is there any way to back my favourites up? Is there a file somewhere in the WD memory where the favourites are stored?

il Biggo wrote:

The problem is still there and it's worsening. All channels in the Flingo app now show the same behaviour: most or all videos give 'Video Playback Error'.
I've tried downgrading the firmware, re-upgrading, installing the WDLX firmware, no change.
I want to try a (probably useless) factory reset, but I have 12 pages of favourites and don't want to to lose them.
Is there any way to back my favourites up? Is there a file somewhere in the WD memory where the favourites are stored?

Your best bet would be to ask on the WD forums if there is a way to save your favorites.

Oh! It works. No wipe necessary, yahoo. Just like that, everything is working as two months ago.
Whoever did what they did, thank you .-)