Topic: Right-click in Windows File Explorer to "Fling" (feature #1)

I added an NSIS script to the Flingo repository that sets up a "Send to Fling..." in the right-click menu in Windows File Explorer for various video and audio file extensions (.avi, .mp4, .mkv, etc.). This is just a starting point. Really Flingo Desktop should transcode files to match the capabilities of the playback device to which the file is being flung.

See http://github/Flingo/Flingo in the directory Flingo/Desktop/nsis

Re: Right-click in Windows File Explorer to "Fling" (feature #1)

dave, in your post you said, "Really Flingo Desktop should transcode files to match the capabilities of the playback device to which the file is being flung." if this is the case then why am i getting "video playback error" when i try to fling a avi file to vizio tv. should it not transcode to the format supported by vizio?

i also have a western digital "wdtv live hd" that just updated its firmware and flingo was a part of that update. two questions. idid a search and when i tried to play some of the results i got the "video playback error". this i find unusual because there are very few formats that the wdtv live hd cannot transcode (maybe i am miss understanding the capabilities of flingo).
my next question is, can i now fling my videos to the wdtv live hd.

Sorry. 

I meant that transcoding is an obvious feature that is not yet supported by the Flingo desktop application.  I am trying to recruit open source developers to help flesh out Flingo.

Dave,

I downloaded NSIS directory and NSIS application. I am not SW person that may know very basic stuff. How do I install these nsis directory

crazy wrote:

Dave,

I downloaded NSIS directory and NSIS application. I am not SW person that may know very basic stuff. How do I install these nsis directory

nsis is used to build installers for MS Windows.

I noticed that I didn't include anything about NSIS in the README in the Flingo repository on github.

In Windows I currently have NSIS 2.46 installed which can be obtained from http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

I just uninstalled it and am reinstalling it so that I can be sure I get all the steps.

1. In my downloads directory is nsis-2.46-setup.exe.
2. I executed the nsis-2.46-setup.exe and chose defaults throughout the installation process.
3. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the directory where you downloaded the Flingo repositroy.
4. In the Desktop directory, right-click on the flingo.nsi file and select "Compile NSIS script." This opens a window titled "MakeNSISW" which shows output from the build process.
5. When the build completes, the "close" button ungrays.  Now a file setup.exe should appear in the Flingo/Desktop directory.

If I run the installer directly from Flingo/Desktop then I get an error "Y:\Flingo\Desktop\setup.exe. The specified path does not exist."  However, if copy the setup.exe onto the desktop and run it then it works.

The resulting setup.exe encapsulates all that is necessary to install the desktop-version of Flingo.
--Dave Harrison