Topic: Files from Computer not being flung

When I attempt to flingo a mp4 file from my Video folder nothing happens.

Also when I use the youtubespecial website the file shows up in my queue, but I get a playback error.

I have the Visio m221NV. The Bunny film works perfect.

Also Vizio just updated the wigets I have a new Media widget, but don't know what it does. Can't remove it and no settings. green button

It would be nice to have more websites to try with your logo.

Re: Files from Computer not being flung

I'm pretty sure you're probably have the same problem that I'm having with the Desktop App.  Around that last update, it seems to have broken the desktop app.  I detailed the problem in the  Unsupported Media Type thread.  You probably won't see that message anywhere unless you know how to debug the program though.

Do you know if anyone is working on the problem.
Do you know what the new Media widget is all about?
I'm thinking it has to  do with the new vizio TV's coming out.

Dave is really the only point of contact we have on here for anyone working on the inside of Flingo.  He hasn't posted anything for a week or so so I don't even know if they're aware of any problems. 

I've seen the Media widget too and my guess is that it is supposed to work with the USB ports, but I don't think the app or the ports been properly implemented to detect media since I haven't been able to get it to detect any devices/media (.mp4 and .jpg files at least).

Also when I use the youtubespecial website the file shows up in my queue, but I get a playback error.

Youtube flinging does not work with the current Vizio firmware due to a security error.  We worked around the limitation and sent an update to Vizio about a month ago.

I've seen the Media widget too and my guess is that it is supposed to work with the USB ports,

Hmmm.... I don't know that there is anything we can do about the Media widget.  This does not involve software written by Flingo.

geohop wrote:

When I attempt to flingo a mp4 file from my Video folder nothing happens.

I have the Visio m221NV. The Bunny film works perfect.

Also Vizio just updated the wigets I have a new Media widget, but don't know what it does. Can't remove it and no settings. green button

It would be nice to have more websites to try with your logo.

I finally got it to work.  The directions are not clear so I just kept trying to figure it out.  Depending on which browser you use you need to drag the flingo icon from the flingo page into your bookmarks.  I use Mozilla Firefox so I opened a You Tube video of American Idol in one window and then I opened the flingo.org site in another window and dragged the flingo icon onto the word Bookmarks at the top of the browser.  I went back to the you tube window with American Idol and then opened my bookmarks on that page and clicked on the bookmark called fling.  From there it gave me the Fling option.  It really worked.  Amazing.........

Only the big buck bunny demo video can be sent to my vizio. I've followed the poorly written flingo instructions and put the fling address on my Favorites Tool Bar. When I'm on a youtube page watching a video I click the fling icon in my Favorites Tool Bar and nothing happens.... whats up with that?

Right-click the bookmarklet and select "Add to Favorites."

Drag this icon to your browser's bookmark toolbar. (i'm assuming this means the "Favorites Bar?")

When visiting any youtube video web page, click the bookmark to fling it to your TV or media device.

To fling a video from any Flingo-enabled web page...

...click the Fling icon wherever you find it. (WTF does thais mean? I find an IE icon that says fling on my Favorites Bar and click on it, nothing.)