Topic: fling does not work with crunchyroll

I have gotten fling to work with YouTube and Vimeo but for some reason when I try to fling a video from Crunchyroll I get an error message telling me to upgrade  to the latest version of Internet Explorer and the wierd thing is, I have the latest version of Internet Explorer 9.0.

Re: fling does not work with crunchyroll

babygrand wrote:

I have gotten fling to work with YouTube and Vimeo but for some reason when I try to fling a video from Crunchyroll I get an error message telling me to upgrade  to the latest version of Internet Explorer and the wierd thing is, I have the latest version of Internet Explorer 9.0.

Check this !@#! out.

I run Charles web debugging proxy while running IE 9.0. 

In IE 9.0, I open the CNN home page.  The User-Agent header according to Charles is

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)

In another tab in the same browser, I open crunchyroll.com's home page.  The User-Agent header according to Charles is

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3)

Same browser, two different web pages, two different user agent strings.

I need some other way to determine the browser version.

--Dave Harrison

dave wrote:

Same browser, two different web pages, two different user agent strings.

Ahhh...

crunchyroll web pages contain

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

Still don't have a good workaround.

--Dave

I have a workaround for crunchyroll.  I will run it through QA and have it up today or tomorrow.