Topic: Best Vizio Contact To Ask For Web Video Updates To Be Pushed?

Dave,

Do you have a recommended person or a suggestion on who to contact to request they update the Web Video App?

You said in another post

Please contact Vizio and tell them to update their "Web Videos" application

so instead of playing the phone tree game I was wondering who you would recommend.

Thanks again.

Re: Best Vizio Contact To Ask For Web Video Updates To Be Pushed?

I don't have a good answer to this.  Giving out individual contact information would backfire.

As a started post in their support forum that you want them to update the Web Videos app.  It has been over a year since they updated it.

The features that would be immediately enabled by the update are:

* bookmarking flings
* history of flings

The above features are already available on netgear.

Soon after we would be able to add

* flinging to friends from your TV
* flinging playlists
* flinging videos from followed web pages, twitter feeds, blogs, wall posts.

The central problem with the current Vizio installed base is that flung URLs are ephemeral (short-lived) making them inappropriate for appearing in a history, playlist, or bookmark, and inappropriate for passing from your TV to a friend's.   The solution is a workaround for a sandbox limitation that was submitted to Vizio a year ago.

--Dave

dave wrote:

I don't have a good answer to this.  Giving out individual contact information would backfire.

As a started post in their support forum that you want them to update the Web Videos app.  It has been over a year since they updated it.

The features that would be immediately enabled by the update are:

* bookmarking flings
* history of flings

The above features are already available on netgear.

Soon after we would be able to add

* flinging to friends from your TV
* flinging playlists
* flinging videos from followed web pages, twitter feeds, blogs, wall posts.

The central problem with the current Vizio installed base is that flung URLs are ephemeral (short-lived) making them inappropriate for appearing in a history, playlist, or bookmark, and inappropriate for passing from your TV to a friend's.   The solution is a workaround for a sandbox limitation that was submitted to Vizio a year ago.

--Dave

Dave I guess I need a bit more hand holding on this. I can not seem to find a forum on Vizio's site. Could you give me a link where to start?

For example, post a request to their customer support.

http://vizio.custhelp.com/app/ask

It has to be clear that this is not asking them about a problem with fling but a problem with vizio not updating it.  Otherwise we get blamed and that doesn't help the situation.

--Dave

Dave, I went on their live chat support and asked that they update the web video app as soon as possible since there are new features available in the update they haven't pushed yet even though flingo.org has provided it to Vizio. I also reminded them it's been a year since they updated the web video app.

You rock.

Thanks.

--Dave