Re: Problem Flinging from Desktop (Windows)

amarkscpa wrote:

I get the following error message when trying to fling from desktop to Vizio TV:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "flingo.py", line 129, in <module>
  File "twisted\internet\posixbase.pyc", line 355, in listenTCP
  File "twisted\internet\tcp.pyc", line 855, in startListening
twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on any:8080: [Errno 10048] Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

Flingo does recognize my Vizio internet TV, but generates above error message.

Either your computer/network blocks usage of this port or another application (more likely) is currently opened that port in a blocking manner.  In fact, there is a known bug with the Flingo Desktop application where it will still be running after exiting, and when that happens, the "zombie" Flingo Desktop process blocks usage of that port by another instance of the Flingo Desktop app.  The easiest solution is to change the Flingo Desktop configuration file (flingo.conf) so that "port =" is set to something other than 8080 (for example, 20000).  The config file is just a text file so opening it in something like Wordpad or whatever text editor you have will do.

Possibly you have two instances of the application running?  Is there a crashed version visible in the process list?

AMansfield wrote:

I'm using a SV472XVT.

Andrew,
  I have the same TV at home, and am just getting into this... Just letting you know since we can test similar functionality.  Personally, I am still miffed that Vizio doesn't just allow the existing Yahoo YouTube widget like many of the other TV manufacturers!  A simple web browser app (or even Firefox / Chrome / etc.) would be really nice, too.

I've got an iMac and have the following problems with the desktop app:  It appears to send the file heading from my computer to my Vizio. It shows in the Que with the Fling icon and the titles of the file, but when I select play it just spins the "loading" wheel in the top right corner of the screen and nothing actually ever loads. It seems that the TV can't access the iMac's hard drive? port? etc. 

The web Fling does the same thing with Youtube videos if I leave them too long in the Que before watching them, say 3 or 4 hours.   What am I missing? Obviously the TV is not being allowed to "go get" the file when selected. Thanks

Sorry - just realized I was in the (windows) section. I just solved the desktop fling - had to open firewall advanced settings and add the flingo app to allowed programs.

Now the Youtube problem????

Last edited by Bill3888 (2011-06-12 11:24:19)

Bill3888 wrote:

The web Fling does the same thing with Youtube videos if I leave them too long in the Que before watching them, say 3 or 4 hours.   What am I missing? Obviously the TV is not being allowed to "go get" the file when selected. Thanks

Sorry - just realized I was in the (windows) section. I just solved the desktop fling - had to open firewall advanced settings and add the flingo app to allowed programs.

Now the Youtube problem????

Youtube URLs are ephemeral (short-lived).  Refreshing them is blocked by the flash sandbox in the older firmwares.  Newer Vizio TVs (as in those entering distribution) and blu-rays and the WD boxes do not have this problem.

Getting Vizio to update the firmware on older TVs is hard.

Contact Vizio and tell them that you love fling.  Enough people tell them this and maybe they will update their older firmwares.

--Dave

I too have a vizio.  I am unable to fling anything.  I have a "Searching for Flingo-enabled devices in your network..." message at the bottom of the flingo homepage.

I have added the icon to the tool bar, but get an error message whenever I click it to fling a vid. Help?

I read something earlier and I think this has to do with the location of the metadata within the video file.

alcohol breath tester

Last edited by Chuck Brown (2012-01-16 05:28:44)

The problem usually occurs when the TV and the device performing on the fling are not on the same private network.

Just makes sure that your TV and your fling device are connected to the same wireless basestation.

--Dave