Topic: Fling Queue Error Messages of "Age Restriction Not Supported"

I have a Net Gear NeoTV200, it has Fling Queue as an app on it. When I go to YouTube Free Movies and start streaming one on my laptop, I can Fling that selection to my NeoTV Fling Queue. And the item appears as a selection in my Que.

But when selecting the movie to play, I get an Error Message "AGE RESTRICTED CONTENT IS NOT SUPPORTED".  This is for almost any movie I select. Even PG rated movies. These are not Adult Movies or any sort of film like that, these are common movies that are free from You Tube or etc. Even common documentaries and classic moves will not play. I keep getting that same error message: "AGE RESTRICTED CONTENT IS NOT SUPPORTED"!!!!

The only thing I could select to feed properly was a Children's Cartoon. This needs update in order to allow common usage of free movies to be utilized.

What can we do? More and more free movies and even classics are becoming available from sites like Google or Hulu, but your system will not allow them to function. I am 61 years old, so I don't need any age restrction on my viewing preferences.

PLEASE HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would think NetGear should also be concerned as this is creating customer issues with the product they advertise and sell.

Last edited by Ed666 (2012-07-01 12:07:40)

Re: Fling Queue Error Messages of "Age Restriction Not Supported"

Referred to QA.

--Dave

Well, is there going to be a fix offered for this??????????????????????

Is NetGear going to be able to offer an update to the program???

netgear is not really the issue here. Flingo is a web app that is downloaded to your device each time you select it on your netgear device. Flingo may or may not be able to update the app to enable this age restriction item depending on what the youtube api allows them to do.

This is why Dave posted that it was being forwarded to QA. They will try to dupicate the error that you have and then if possible fix the issues.

I agree. This is not a netgear issue.  This is being overly restrictive in how we (Flingo) act in response to YouTube API calls.

--Dave

Like Ed, I have the Netgear device and just started using Flingo.  I also ran into the exact same problem.  I was using it to fling YouTube videos and it worked great.  Then I tried to fling a few of their free full length movies and got the same "age restricted" movies.  The movies in fact were not adult movies.  At any rate I am 72 so not too concerned about age restrictions.  Will any solution to this be forthcoming?

... so I guess not.  Besides things are now worse.  I can fling videos to my device but they will not show at all ... none of them.  Just keep getting the box asking if I want to wait but I wait and nothing ever happens.  I doubt it is the device or setup because Netflix works fine with the device.  Oh well ... it was nice the few days I could actually use it!

Last edited by somebody (2012-09-19 08:52:54)

Hi,
The issue with flinging youtube videos has been fixed. Please look at http://forum.flingo.org/viewtopic.php?pid=3590#p3590
for the detailed discussion.

Content in youtube.com/movies has a different layer of protection and that is not flingable.
The "AGE RESTRICTED CONTENT..." message you are getting is valid. To test it, if you are logged into youtube in your browser then logout and try to watch that video. It should ask you to login if the content is indeed age restricted.
If that's not happening then can we have the URL of that movie you are trying to fling ? We will investigate it from our side.

Thanks!
Tapan.

Thanks so much for the information.  Indeed, as I noted yesterday, I am again able to fling AND watch YouTube videos.  As far as the feature length movies, some do work; they seem to be more miscellaneous movies in random places on YouTube.  The ones I have a problem with are located here:

http://www.youtube.com/movies?fl=f&pt=fm

I have not found any that work.  One example is "Rudy" a PG movie.  I did as you said, logged out, and then attempted to view it.  It was readily viewable on my PC and gave me no indication of an age restriction.  But my NeoTV Flingo app gives the "age restricted" message.  The movie is here:

http://www.youtube.com/movie/rudy

Out of curiosity I tried an R rated movie, "Southland Tales".  It did indeed block the movie on my PC noting that it was R rated and that I would have to login to view it.  "Big Daddy" a PG 13 movie opened with no problem on the PC but not on NeoTV.    I also tried watching it on the YouTube app on my NeoTV; got a message that it was "unavailable" and likewise would not play it!

Hope that helps detailing my experience.

Last edited by somebody (2012-09-20 09:52:46)

As I mentioned any video under http://www.youtube.com/movies will not work. It is not flingable. All other videos(provided they are not age restricted, geo blocked, requires login, etc) will work, full length or not.

Hope it helps.

Thanks!
Tapan.

testtestflingo wrote:

As I mentioned any video under http://www.youtube.com/movies will not work. It is not flingable. All other videos(provided they are not age restricted, geo blocked, requires login, etc) will work, full length or not.

Hope it helps.

Thanks!
Tapan.

Thank you very much for all the information.