Topic: Crunchyroll doesn't work on LG Smart TV

The problem has been persisting for approximately two weeks now. I can access crunchyroll but I can't access any videos on crunchyroll. There's no loading sign or anything like network error! The TV simply blacks out temporarily for a few seconds before it automatically switches to channel mode. Youtube works fine. Please help! I need my anime...Thank you in advance...

Last edited by Noa (2012-11-17 07:28:34)

Re: Crunchyroll doesn't work on LG Smart TV

I have the same problem on my lg 55lw5700 3d tv . After latest firmware update when I press the crunchyroll app, it loads ,lets me search programs.
When I press play it goes blank and exits to no imput. We love our crunhyroll please fix.
Thanks

Hey guys,
We have provided updated applications to LG. It will take around one week time to publish them in the app store.
We apologize for the inconvenience. And thank you for notifying us about the issue.

Thanks!

The new version doesn't seem to be showing. I tried to search and load it on my TV and it gives me an error 'cannot access this service'. I also tried to search the www.lgappstv.com site for crunchyroll and it no longer shows up. I think LG has removed it from their app site instead of updating it.

Last edited by saturnaqua (2012-12-16 13:05:07)

We have provided the updated apps to them. Once they finish testing and verify functionality they will be back in the appstore.

Thanks!

Hello, just to let support know, it's past Christmas and the app still has not appeared back in the LG Apps on my LG Smart TV, nor is it back on the www.lgappstv.com site. My current version is still installed from a long time ago and used to work fine, but now it only allows me to see listings of all the animes available. When I attempt to view one, it kicks me out of the app altogether. It seems ridiculous to have to wait more than a month to have this resolved, please fix it!

Sadly it seems to be in the hands of LG now. I attempted to contact them stating that I'm waiting for the updated version and their response was:

Hello XXXXXX, I am sorry that you have been inconvenienced, as at this time we do not have a release date for Crunchyroll.

Perhaps LG needs to see people want this app so they can get it through faster.

LG is being slow on the QA side.

--Dave

My LG Smart TV doesn't show the app at all. My region is set to Norway. Will this be fixed soon?