Topic: when i fling to que it just spins never loads

I fling. The video is there in q. I go to play and I just get the spinning wheel. I'm trying to fling from youtube. I'm using both chrome and ie9. won't work for either. All the other content plays, But not what i fling.   I have a vizio tv model # e322vl I've been using flingo for over a year with an occasional hic up here and there this particular  problem has been going on for about a month.... would like it to work again. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for helping me.

Re: when i fling to que it just spins never loads

David, I have been having the same problem.

I've been flinging successfully on my Vizio since I started about a year ago.  All of a sudden, I'm unable to play my flings.  The videos show up in the queue, but when I click to play them, they stall.  This used to happen for videos that were queued for more than a day, but then that was fixed.  Now, it doesn't matter if I fling them five minutes ago or longer...

Anyone have any advice?

I own a Vizio SV472XVT and watching videos via the Web Video app.  I have already tried uninstalling-reinstalling the app as well as flinging from different browsers and devices to no avail.  I even posted about this problem last week in another category and got no response. 

Thanks,
Neal

Neal,

We tried the following cases on Vizio SV422XVT.
- Flung videos (one video and also all videos from bookmarklet) from youtube, vimeo and crunchyroll. All videos played except one which had 'video playback error'. That error is due to incompatible codec. It is handled gracefully.
- After the playback is over videos disappear from the queue. This is expected behavior. 
- There is no 8Hr limitation for the videos to stay in the queue. Videos which were flung yesterday played successfully today(15+ hrs in queue).

Can you please provide more info
Are you running the latest firmware and latest webvideos app ?
Does restarting the TV help ?
How many videos do you have in the queue ?
Can you try clearing the entire queue and then fling -> play ?
Any other technical info which applies here ?

Thanks !
Tapan.

Thanks neal for the reply. I just wish tapan or whoever is maintaining this site would have replied to me. It's strikes me weird  that they replied to your reply to MY  post but not to MY PROBLEM. I found that when you have a vizio e322vl they say we don't have this model in our lab. Called vizio today and told them  i have  waited a week for a reply on this site. It's been a month since it's worked.  Gave them my info for flingo.org (I guess so they could follow my post?)  They said they would check into this and that they were working on something better and if i could  just use my hdmi cable untill then.  So we wait for something better?......No results here for me. But once again Thanks neal at least i know that i'm posting in the right place for a reply, Only for me...no reply.

Dave,
Apologies for missing you out. Can you provide which firmware version do you have ? You will find under HELP -> System Info -> Version (under Model Name) It is a known issue that the latest firmware wasn't released on all TV models.

Thanks!
Tapan.

i also reported about the same issue in netgear neotv200 .

http://forum.flingo.org/viewtopic.php?pid=3480#p3480

Another user JChetrick also reported the same issue with neotv200 . So this issue doesnt seems to device speific as the OP of this thread had found the issue with vizio .

Please try to reproduce the issue and resolve it asap .

Tapan,

I've got version:  VIZIO_C7.0.1.0-S   Anything you can do to resolve this and get me to flinging again would be much appreciated.  Again, Thank you.

David,
Can you also provide us your public IP if that's ok with you ? You could email me to keep it private. That will help us to figure out the SWF version you have on your TV.
vizio has many skus across multiple odms. They were supposed to do a push across all old skus but some models could have been missed.

Thanks!
Tapan.

Tapan,
Thank you for the quick reply. I do have my ip address but I don't see a place to send you an e-mail.

I've been using Flingo flawlessly for a few days with a Vizio TV. Today I have the same problem as Dave, the video gets flung to the queue, but when you go to play it you just get the spinning clock up in the corner and no video plays. If you press the left arrow on the remote the timing info banner comes across the bottom -- but it is messed up. It looks something like:

00:00:00/0NaN:00:NaN   

There is an overflow screwing up the counter.

You can play videos if they aren't in the queue.

The problem started around 11:00 -- 12:00 Pacific Daylight Time 9/13/2012

Tried turning off/on -- didn't help

The only thing I did was to use

http://flingo.tv/fling/discover

because I was looking on your handsome website and got interested in it.

Looks like a great product. Maybe this screwup is just to make us appreciate flingo more?

Thanks for any help. I can send IP and device info if it helps.

Thanks again,
Michael Kann

Dave/Mike,
Please email the info to tapan@flingo.tv/support@flingo.tv
Does it happen on every video ? Can you provide me the URL of couple of videos you guys are trying to fling and play ?

Thanks!
Tapan.

Tapan,

Thanks for such a quick reply. I've tried a bunch of normal youtube videos and none are playable. Has there been any updating to the firmware or your server-side software today that would change anything?

I sent my personal info to your email.

Thanks again,

Mike

Hey folks,
We discovered Youtube has made changes to its backend, which is causing failures in playback of flung videos.
Please be patient, we are aggressively working on fixing it.

PS : Fling + playback of Vimeo and Crunchyroll videos is intact.

Thanks!
Tapan.

Folks,
This issue has been fixed. Please verify and let us know if you are still having any problems flinging from Youtube.
We apologize for the disruption caused and thank you for your patience and support.

Thanks!
Tapan.

It got fixed on netgear neotv 200 Thank you.

I just got an alert today, 10/12/12, that there was a reply to this topic...  Anyhow, I'm glad it's been addressed.  I am out of town and have not had a chance to test it on my tv.  If I have any problems I'll let you know.  Thank you for taking action to fix this problem.

I have a NeoTV 200 and I just discovered Flingo, it was awesome...for the 1 hour that it worked! Now I click on the Flingo button on the home page and the loading circle just spins around and around and around and around...for a ridiculous amount of time, but never ever loads. It totally sucks, if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it! The neo tv is running on a flatscreen Olevia t.v. if that has something to do with it, however it shouldn't as it played stuff just fine when I used it for the first time.

ragegoddess84 wrote:

I have a NeoTV 200 and I just discovered Flingo, it was awesome...for the 1 hour that it worked! Now I click on the Flingo button on the home page and the loading circle just spins around and around and around and around...for a ridiculous amount of time, but never ever loads. It totally sucks, if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it! The neo tv is running on a flatscreen Olevia t.v. if that has something to do with it, however it shouldn't as it played stuff just fine when I used it for the first time.

Have you tried rebooting the NeoTV?