Topic: Flingo Desktop App Error on Launch

Every time I try to lauch the Flingo desktop app it generates an error "flingo Error" with two choices. Either "Visit MacPython Website" or "Terminate". I've tried both double clicking to launch as well as dropping a video file on the desktop icon and both result in the same error.

I've gone to the web site but haven't been able to dig out the answer as to why the error.

I DL'd the desktop app and after mounting the disk image I drug the app to the desk top.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a dual 1 gig PPC.

I'd really like to be able to fling some of the video files on my computer to the TV.

The fling button works on Firefox for videos from YouTube and the others supported.

Any ideas on where I've screwed up?

Re: Flingo Desktop App Error on Launch

I doubt you did anything wrong.

The Flingo Desktop application is truly a demo only for developers.  It could be more, but I am relying on the community to maintain it while I work on the backend and focus on web fling.

--Dave

dave wrote:

I doubt you did anything wrong.

The Flingo Desktop application is truly a demo only for developers.  It could be more, but I am relying on the community to maintain it while I work on the backend and focus on web fling.

--Dave

Dave, is there another website that would be more geared to the desktop app other than here? Something like a blog or different forum?

Thanks for the work on the overall project.

Not currently any other site. 

I would like the development discussions to take place on this site.   I assume you downloaded from github... the source code is there as well.

--Dave